Celebrating their love of interpreting the music of fellow legends and giving it a thorough “Motorheading,” Motorhead recently announced the release of its upcoming covers compilation album, “Under Cover.” The collection will be released Sept. 1 via Motorhead Music.
As a preview, the band has released a never-before-heard cover and music video of David Bowie’s classic, “Heroes.” The video features performance footage and heartwarming behind-the-scenes images and video of the band. Recorded during the “Bad Magic” sessions in 2015 by Cameron Webb, “Heroes” was one of the last songs Motorhead recorded together.
“It’s such a great Bowie song, one of his best, and I could only see great things coming out of it from us, so it proved to be,” said Motorhead guitarist Phil Campbell. “And Lemmy ended up loving our version.”
“He was very, very proud of it,” said drummer Mikkey Dee, “not only because it turned out so well but because it was fun. Which is what projects like this should be—fun!”
The rest of the album contains loud and proud, raucous and raging rock ‘n’ roll takes on the likes of “God Save the Queen” (Sex Pistols), “Cat Scratch Fever” (Ted Nugent), “Rockaway Beach” (The Ramones), “Breaking the Law” (Judas Priest) and “Whiplash” (Metallica), which earned the band a Grammy in 2005 for Best Metal Performance.
“Under Cöver” will be available in 1CD (Digi pack), 1x 180 grams Black Vinyl in gatefold, Super Deluxe Boxset (1CD digipack, 1x 180 grams black vinyl, patch and VIP guest pass), Digital Audio and MFiT Audio.
“Under Cöver “Track Listing:
1. “Breaking the Law” (Produced by Cameron Webb) 2008
2. “God Save the Queen” (Produced by Bob Kulick and Bruce Bouillet) 2000
3. “Heroes” (Produced by Cameron Webb) 2015
4. “Starstruck” (Produced by Cameron Webb) 2014
5. “Cat Scratch Fever” (Produced by Peter Solley) 1992
6. “Jumpin’ Jack Flash” (Produced by Bob Kulick and Bruce Bouillet) 2001
7. “Sympathy for the Devil” (Produced by Cameron Webb) 2015
8. “Hellraiser” (Produced by Billy Sherwood) 1992
9. “Rockaway Beach” (Mixed by Cameron Webb) 2002
10. “Shoot ‘Em Down” (Produced by Bob Kulick and Bruce Bouillet) 2001
11. “Whiplash” (Produced by Bruce Bouillet and Bob Kulick) 2005
All songs performed by MOTÖRHEAD.
Lemmy Kilmister — bass/vocals
Phil Campbell — guitar
Mikkey Dee — drums
Leave a Reply