Motorhead’s 1981 live album “No Sleep ‘Til Hammersmith” will receive a 40th anniversary re-release in new deluxe editions on June 25, 2021.
There will be hardback book-packs in two CD and triple LP formats, featuring a remaster of the original album, bonus tracks and the previously unreleased–in its entirety–concert from Newcastle City Hall on March 30, 1981, the story of the album and many previously unseen photos. Also, the album will be released as a four CD box set of all three concerts recorded for the album released here in their entirety for the first time.
Upon the original June 27, 1981, release, vocalist/bassist Lemmy Kilmister is quoted as saying, “I knew it’d be the live one that went best, because we’re really a live band. You can’t listen to a record and find out what we’re about. You’ve got to see us.”
“No Sleep ‘Til Hammersmith” was Motorhead’s first and only number one record in the U.K.
The CD box set contains:
- The “No Sleep ‘Til Hammersmith” album, remastered from the original master tapes, featuring extra bonus tracks and newly unearthed, previously unreleased sound check recordings.
- The three full recordings of the concerts that made up “No Sleep,” never before released in their entirety.
- The story of “No Sleep ‘Til Hammersmith” told through previously unpublished and new interviews with the people that were on the road at the time.
- Never before seen photos and rare memorabilia.
- Double sided, A3 concert posters from 1981.
- Reproduction USA ’81 tour pass.
- Motorhead “England” plectrum.
- 1981 European tour badge.
- Reproduction Newcastle City Hall ticket.
- Port Vale gig flyer post card.
All versions of the re-release are available for pre-order here.