COP International Records has released “Come Together (We Will Stop You),” a new single by the supergroup Lifeline International that features an all-star lineup of alternative rock musicians.
Created as a “mission of humanity” to help the millions of people who are suffering in Ukraine and beyond, this modern spin on The Beatles’ classic “Come Together” is the brainchild of COP International Records founder Christian Petke and music producer John Fryer. The single is available for purchase on COP International’s Bandcamp page, and soon will be followed by other major digital music services, with 100% of the proceeds donated to UNICEF.
Hear and buy Come Together (We Will Stop You)” here.
“This song is a simple and direct message to the millions of people who are currently suffering in Ukraine and beyond,” Petke said. “You are not alone. We see you.
Fryer said: “I’m shocked, stunned, dismayed, angry, horrified and saddened by the situation in Ukraine. I don’t how one man’s insane ego can cause this much death and destruction.”
Petke and Fryer, both of whom were born in Europe, were inspired by the multi-faceted and forward-thinking work that Bob Geldof did to raise money for the African famine in the mid-’80s.
“The success of songs like ‘We Are the World’ and ‘Do They Know It’s Christmas’ directly spawned the Live Aid concerts, which raised millions of dollars for those who desperately needed it,” Petke said. “So, while we are obviously excited about this new song’s immediate ability to raise awareness and money, we’d like to think that ‘Come Together’ is only the first step of many. The simple act of supporting one song can help spread a message of hope and compassion around the entire world.”
Fryer, who has worked with such artists as Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails, Stabbing Westward, This Mortal Coil and Cocteau Twins, was in charge of the music end of the project. After sketching out the track with Stephen Lam of Deathline International, Fryer enlisted friends Geno Lenardo (ex-Filter), Rod Såez Chåvez and Marija Buljeta to help him coordinate an all-star cast of musicians from bands such as Faith No More, Stabbing Westward, Rammstein, The Hardkiss (from Ukraine), Revolting Cocks, Filter, Pigface, The Joy Thieves, Agnostic Front, Basement Jaxx, Gravity Kills, The Cassandra Complex, Mesh, blackcarburning, Deathline International, Vaselyne and Black Needle Noise.
The idea of recording a song for this purpose immediately resonated strongly with many of the musicians who were asked to participate. Vocalist Chris Connelly (solo artist/Ministry/Pigface/The Joy Thieves) wanted to be a part of “Come Together” so badly that he recorded and sent his vocals for the song within 24 hours of receiving the instrumental track, despite fighting COVID-19 at the time.
“The establishment has failed the people and acted like a spoiled child with a box of matches and a Slurpee cup full of gasoline,” Connelly said. “We musicians will do what we do best, COME TOGETHER and play LOUD! We will carry the torch. Not because it’s ‘trendy,’ or we are ‘draft-dodging longhairs,’ but because it is the right thing, and it is what we HAVE!”
Jeff Scheel from Gravity Kills said: “As an American, and a citizen of the world, I initially felt like I didn’t have the means to make a difference all by myself. But contributing to this project feels like a way that I can truly help the people around the world who are suffering.”
The full list of contributors on “Come Together (We Will Stop You)” is as follows:
- John Fryer (Black Needle Noise)
- Chris Connelly (solo artist/Ministry/Pigface/The Joy Thieves)
- Bill Gould (Faith No More, Brujeria, Wayne Kramer’s MC5)
- Richard Kruspe (Rammstein)
- Jeff Scheel (Gravity Kills)
- Christopher Hall and Walter Flakus (Stabbing Westward)
- Mark Hockings (Mesh/blackcarburning)
- Rodney Orpheus (The Cassandra Complex)
- Roger Miret (Agnostic Front)
- Geno Leonardo (ex-Filter)
- Lisa K (Basement Jaxx, The Bellrays, The Crystal Method)
- Matt Walker (Filter, The Smashing Pumpkins, Garbage, Morrissey)
- The Hardkiss (award-winning Ukrainian band)
- Lukas Rossi (“Rockstar: Supernova” winner)
- Ginny Luke (recorded with Britney Spears, Black Eyed Peas, Will.I.Am, Foo Fighters, Snoop Dogg, Dave Matthews Band, Stevie Wonder and more)
- John Vaughn (TV and Movie scores)
- Talon Majors
- Eric Tomes (Awaiting Eli)
- Mari Kattman (Mari Kattman/Helix)
- Stephen Lam & Th3Count (Deathline International)
- Diana Noir (Junksista)
- Dan Milligan and James Scott (The Joy Thieves, The Burying Kind)
- Ania Tarnowska (I Ya Toyah, The Joy Thieves)
- Yvette Winkler (Vaselyne, Black Needle Noise)
- Jim Semonik (Red Lokust)
- Steven Archer (Stoneburner, Ego Likeness)
- Tom Berger (Johnny Tupolev)
- Joe Virus (Solemn Assembly)
- James and Michelle Perry (Ashes Fallen)
- Sean Hazebruck (Sick Jokes)
- GW Childs IV (GW Childs IV)
THE E-MEN PEACE CHOIR
Directed by Matt B Thorns
- Daniel Cartes
- Rod Saez Chavez
- Soledad Cáceres
- Marisol Calderón
- Cesar Reyes
- Matt B Thorns
Fans are also encouraged to donate directly to UNICEF here:
Leave a Reply